Igor Nikolaevich Koval
Igor Nikolaevich Koval is a Doctor of political science. professor, head of the International Relations Department. A well-known professor Semen Iosiphovich Appatov was his teacher and instructor at the Department of Modern and Contemporary History of the Odessa State University.
Igor Koval has been working at the Odessa University since 1978: he was an assistant at the Department of Modern and Contemporary History, a lecturer, associate professor, acting dean of the History Department. He headed the Institute of Social Sciences from 1996 till 2010.
Professor Igor Koval is a famous political scientist, specialist in the field of history of international relations, political analyst of the Odessa and Ukrainian national mass media, member of multiple international scientific associations and organizations. He is the author to more than 60 scientific works. Students of the International Relations Department are able to take his courses on Introduction to International Relations, General course of History of International Relations (from the second half of the XX century till the beginning of the XXI century) and an Elective course in foreign politics.
Professor Koval is fond of reading, especially political novels, listening to tango and Russian classical music: Tchaikovsky and Sviridov. Spending time with family and friends is a top priority way to use time off work.
- (1995-2010) Valentyn Andreevych Smyntyna
- (1987-1995) Igor Petrovych Zelinsky
- (1975-1987) Victor Vasilyevich Serduyk
- (1970-1975) Alexey Vsevolodovich Bogatskiy
- (1960-1970) Alexander Ivanovych Yurzhenko
- (1953-1959) Sergey Ivanovych Lebedev
- (1949-1953) Prokop Leontyevych Ivanchenko
- (1939-1949) Nikolay Panasovych Savchuk
- (1933-1938) Isay Pavlovych Schmidt
- (1920-1920) Sergey Ivanovych Solntsev
- (1917-1919) Anton Dmitrievych Bilimovych
- (1917-1917) Alexander Pavlovych Dobroklonskiy
- (1907-1913) Sergey Vasilyevych Levashov
- (1905-1907) Ivan Mikhaylovych Zanchevskiy
- (1903-1905) Alexey Nikolaevych Derevitskiy
- (1895-1903) Feodor Nikiforovych Shvedov
- (1890-1895) Ivan Stepanovych Nekrasov
- (1881-1890) Simeon Petrovych Jaroshenko
- (1877-1881) Nikolay Alexeevych Golovkinskiy
- (1869-1877) Fedor Ivanovych Leontovych
- (1865-1869) Ivan Dmitrievych Sokolov